HITeC is the research and technology transfer center of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Hamburg. Due to its independent status, HITeC offers flexible and professional cooperation opportunities. HITeC solutions are based on the latest research results and provide advantages through innovative technologies.
HITeC is a registered, non-profit association supported by members of the Department of Computer Science at the University of Hamburg. The association is linked to the University of Hamburg by an agreement.
HITeC focuses its main activities on:
- Implementation of application-oriented research projects
- Dissemination of application-oriented research results
- Realization of seminars
- Mediation of contacts between companies and students
- Improvement of the practice-oriented education in the university
- Support for business start-ups from the university
In 2017 HITeC had nine supporting members, these are companies and institutions that support HITeC. The number of active personal members of HITeC is approximately 40.
HITeC’s project volume in 2017 was approximately 2.8 million.
Some selected projects and activities in 2017:
- Coordination and implementation of the EU-funded project OPENREQ
- Start of a project with the PPI about Blockchain
- Continuation of the conception, further development and implementation of the transparency portal of the FHH Hamburg (InfoReg)
- Launch of the ARGUS project in cooperation with CYPP GmbH, supported by IFB Hamburg and ERDF funds.
- Several projects in the field of eHumanities aiming at the dissemination, collection, presentation and long-term archiving of cultural objects (PESHAT, LexM, Hamburger Professorenkatalog, Matrikel, eFoto)
- Start of the project ODAKI on the use of artificial intelligence methods for the evaluation of Open Data from the mobility sector
- student projects in the M-Lab: students in this teaching and knowledge transfer realize innovative apps for customers from industry under real conditions and using the latest technology
- Support in the successful further development of the start-up GitMate
- Start of a cooperation with Beiersdorf AG for the development of computer-based models as an alternative to animal experiments.
- Support and consulting in the area of software architecture for several software houses
- Creation of a new web presence of HITeC on hitec-hamburg.de
- Support in the organization of the ITMC-Conference at FB-Informatik with approx. 150 participants
- Organisation and realisation of the University Ball with the Alumni Association of the University of Hamburg with approx. 450 participants.
- many smaller projects, mainly with companies and research institutions from the Hamburg region
- Participation in a working group of the founding initiatives of all Hamburg universities and participation in several events, including the Uni-Pitch.
Publications of HITeC are listed on the websites of the respective professors and project staff.